Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4, 2009

I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July!! We sure did! We spent most of our day relaxing about the house and watching Scrubs reruns that we DVR'd(best show ever!). Daddy also Bar-B-Qued some chicken and turkey dogs for lunch/dinner. Bubbie liked the turkey dogs so much, that he ate five of them! I can't remember the last time he ate so much.

After a day of relaxing and eating(I also made dark chocolate brownies with chocolate chips)we got ready to go to the Fireworks show at Beech Lake. This is the spot we have been going to for the last four years now and we always enjoy the show! I was just thinking tonight, that the first time we went there for the Fourth, was when I was 7 mths pregnant with Bubbie. The second year we went, we had just Bubbie and the third year we had both Bubbie and Boo. Its amazing how quickly things change!

Below are a few photos of before we left for the show. Daddy's friend Jeff also came with us to the show. Being that he doesn't have any family of his own, I think, he really enjoys spending the Holidays with the kiddos!


I can't believe that Bubbie agreed to pose for a photo for me and all I had to do was ask nicely!


The two of them goofing around, afterall, that is what childhood is about!


One with Mommy of course!


And one with Daddy, aww!!


The whole family of four, waiting for the show to start. We had brownies and cheese popcorn to snack on.


One good photo of the fireworks!


It took a bit to notice where the cat was hiding, but I had to get a picture because this cat is seriously not scared of anything. Except for fireworks it seems. For those who don't know, my cat Pumpkin is generally an outdoor kitty, but not tonight!

Below are a couple of videos. The first is a little snippet of the fireworks show at Beech Lake and the second video is of the kids throwing some poppers. It was a fun day had by all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment