Monday, July 27, 2009

A Little Catching Up!

Ok, so I know I haven't been keeping up with the blog like I used to. It just seems these days so difficult to keep up! With Bubbie in speech therapy twice a week and Boo becoming a very active toddler(whom gets in to EVERYTHING), it certainly has left me with less time to play on the computer. So I will do a little catching up since my last post of last week.

Last week, we celebrated my Birthday, just the four of us and cake of course! It was nice just to do a little family togetherness on my Birthday. We also did a lot of playing out in the wading pool, since it is so hot. July here is just miserable! Any time we can get a break from the heat is welcomed, but usually only lasts for a day.

Bubbie has been doing very well in his speech therapy, in fact Miss Molly has just raved about how impressed she is with his progress! This weekend we were at my Parent's house and we asked Bubbie if he was hungry and he replied, "No, I'm good." Completely took me by surprise and it was so adorable! He just astonishes me, how quickly he is taking to talking. I also asked Miss Molly if she knew of any tricks to get Bubbie to make poopy in the potty, she said she would look into it, LOL!

Speaking of potty training, despite Bubbie doing really well with going pee in the potty, he will never poo in the potty. He absolutely refuses. I have tried every trick that other parents have given me and none of them have worked. So for now he is back in diapers and I am going to let him take the initiative on letting me know when he is ready. After a couple of months of cleaning poopy unders, I'm done! If it wasn't for that, then he would be completely potty trained.

Above I mentioned going to my Parent's house for the weekend and we had a great time! We drove up on Friday, after stopping by the Donut Whole first(hehe!). Saturday, we left the kiddos with the Grandparents and headed for Kansas City to meet up with my Cousins. It was nice to spend the day having adult conversation and have a little break from the kids. I think the Grandparents also enjoyed spending time with Bubbie and Boo! We also put in a visit with my Grandma, she is currently in a home because she managed to crack her knee cap and she can't go home until it heals. She really seemed to also enjoy a visit from her Great Grandkids!

Well, that is the gist of things that have happened in the last week. Hope its not too overwhelming! I also decided to share some random photos that I've meant to post, but haven't until now, enjoy!!


Great Grandma BH, Grandpa H, Daddy, Bubbie and Boo. Three generations worth, it would be four if I were in the picture.


Bubbie playing in the backyard.


He is driving away!



The three of us playing in the wading pool(sorry I was in the picture, but look how cute those kids are, LOL!)

1 comment:

  1. That's an adorable swim suit! And I'm talking about the one on you :)

    ReplyDelete