Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Icky Sickies and Blizzard Conditions

Last week our home had been struck by the worst of the icky sickies, which I like to refer to as "The Death"!  Referenced by a friend, thank you Brandon!  LBF and BLL had the nasty stomach bug that has been making the rounds this Winter.  Honestly I can't think of anything worse!  I can put up with a lot of icky sickies, but stomach bugs are very difficult.  I've never had a stomach that could handle that kind of thing.  Give me anything else and I have strategies down pat!  Thankfully their stomach bug only lasted about 6 hours and they were back to normal.

Then Saturday, very early morning, BLL woke up sounding like a barking seal, so we hooked up the humidifier, rubbed on the vapor rub and built up her pillows so she could lay in a half sitting position(to help prevent fluid from draining into the ears, don't want any ear infections to follow).  Later that morning, when she spoke, she sounded like Donald Duck!  Luckily by Sunday, whatever it was, it had cleared up.  Now I'm left with two sleepy children for the last couple of days.  I think they must be hitting another growth spurt, which worries me a bit.  They are already starting to outgrow their Winter clothes and the only option is to buy for Spring, which with snow on the ground, may not work so well.

Speaking of snow, we are currently under a Blizzard Warning.  The news makes it sound so scary and stuff ;)  I am personally more worried about the record low temperatures that we will be experiencing today and tomorrow.  The Hubby and I decided today it would be best to cancel LBF Speech Therapy and just play it safe by staying home.  The snow is powdery, but coming down so quickly that it is difficult to see through it.  I decided to take a picture to share, though I'm sure most who read this blog already know what it looks like from personal experience.
 The wind is blowing so hard that the snow is getting blown all around.
Thanks to that wind blowing, the snow is building up on the back patio door.

I will sum this up by saying, stay warm and be safe!  Here is looking forward to warmer days ahead!

1 comment: