Friday, March 11, 2011

Hey, What's the Big Idea?!

No we didn't fall of the Earth, we are still here.  I promise!  Our little family has been sick for the last couple of weeks, Mommy and Daddy included.  I never realized that strep throat could knock a person out!  Two weeks ago, it started with symptoms of a head cold and we thought nothing of it.  Then last week, my throat started hurting and I thought I was just getting a sinus infection.  Finally I decided to go to the Doctor and we discovered that I had strep.  I was surprised, to say the least.  Amazingly, the kids never once complained of a soar throat or really had a fever that I noticed, but I asked the Doctor to check them just in case and sure enough both LBF and BLL had it.  A day later, Daddy had it.  After a good round of antibiotics, we were finally back!

Of course with all the sickie poos in our house, you could imagine the crankiness.  The kids were too.  Unfortunately that meant staying home a lot and not much of doing, anything.  The blog was put on the back burner and we were in survival mode.  Thankfully though, we were on the mend enough last weekend to make a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house!  Though I wasn't sure we were going to make the trip because the whole drive there, all we heard from the back seat was, "He touched me", "She's putting her foot on me", "Her hand is on my arm", "He took my toy", "She is throwing her food on me".  You can imagine!  And of course it all has to be screamed at the loudest, most ear numbing of voices.  We were never more happy to arrive at Grandma and Grandpa's house and leave them for all of Saturday.  Though, honestly, as much as I love them, I think I could have used another day.  Sunday rolled around and it was time to head home, you probably guessed, but yes it was two and half hours of the same thing all the way home.  I miss the days when they used to sleep in the car.  Those were the good 'ole days!

I know we drive a Mini-Van(or as I like to call it, the Mommy Wagon)and I could just put one car seat in the back to separate them, but that brings on a whole 'nother set of problems.  Such as, LBF kicking the back of BLL's seat.  Also, I know horror, when we eat in the car on our trips, it makes it very difficult to distribute the food.  We could just park, I know, but sometimes you just want to get to your destination and don't want to waste a second!  It doesn't put a stop to the fighting either, they may not be able to hit per se, but they will still yell.  As young as they are, this is only the beginning of how much they will fight and annoy each other.  I had no idea it started so early!  Despite everything, we did enjoy our visit to Grandma and Grandpa's!

Onto this week and better things!  I have really started to take notice of BLL's extensive vocabulary.  She amazes me everyday with the things she says.  After our visit, we were just relaxing at home one morning and she comes into the bathroom while I was getting ready and says, "Hey what's the big idea?!"  I had no idea what she was referring too, but I speculate it had something to do with my removing her potty seat.  She has also said, "Is (brother's name inserted here) not cooperating?", "I'm hungry.  I want waffle with applebutter.", "Mom, I want yogurt. Can you open?"  As you can see, she speaks in(almost always)complete sentence form.  Which compared to her brother at this age, is just amazing to me!  I know she is coming up on three in about a month and a half, but I'm still amazed.

Talking about LBF, he is coming along swimmingly in Speech.  Yesterday, I was given a paper with words to work on with him at home and he was able to repeat the whole list!  He is working on pronouncing V's right now.  He has come so far, that his teacher, Miss Molly, is working on annunciating sounds that most 4 year olds have difficulties with.  Miss Molly is so good with LBF and patient that I think she has as much to do with the progress of LBF as his abilities.  LBF talks all the time, he really does!  You would never know it though, because he is so shy.  Something I hope he will eventually outgrow.

Yesterday, we had to do some Birthday shopping for LBF and BLL's cousin.  She is having a party later today.  Of course Birthday shopping means we have to go to BABW!  While we were there picking a gift, we decided to let the kids pick out outfits for their Bears.  Here are a few pics of their buddies.
They picked a Rainbow Fairy outfit and an Iron Man shirt(of course).  Their buddies have been rediscovered ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment