Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weekly Baking Project, Brownies



Bubbie likes to help with baking and cooking in the kitchen, so once a week I like to do a little baking projects with him. Daddy was out for a Daddy's night out, so it was a perfect night to do a fun baking project. We like to buy the Pillsbury Funfetti mixes, they make for a lot of fun for Bubbie. I mixed the brownie mix and Bubbie sprinkled the "Funfetti" candies. He really liked sprinkling those on, but he especially liked eating some of them off of the counter! While we were waiting on them to bake, he kept going to the oven and pointing and saying "hot!" He is such a smart boy! I may yet have to get him a play kitchen, as much as he loves baking and cooking. He also is a great helper at emptying the dishwasher! After the rough week we had, its good to see him as his usual happy self.

On that note, Bubbie has his third ear infection in about a months time. The Doctor told us yesterday that if he gets another one, they will have to put tubes in his ears. They also plan on doing a hearing test when he recovers from his ear infection. I sure hope everything works out ok, I'm not sure I can handle my Son having to have a procedure done, such as having tubes put in his ears. I really think though, that his hearing is fine. I recently bought some flash cards for Bubbie to practice saying some words and one of which was apple, after hearing that word, he repeated it several times. He also now will walk up to me and tell me "bread" or "milk." Oh and it was so cute this morning, he kept saying "outside" and bringing us his shoes. It really was the cutest thing ever! If this trend continues, I think we will have a real talker on our hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment