Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cabin Fever

For the last couple of weeks, I've been feeling really tired and stressed to the max! So yesterday I went to a meet up with the group of Moms, at the Mall play area. It was great getting out of the house and the kids took such a good nap yesterday. Bubbie has been acting up something awful lately, so I figured that he also was getting cabin fever. Today we went for a play date and Bubbie did really well, playing with the other kids. He is really getting better about sharing toys. He will usually pick up two or three toys and try to hoard them and that is when I tell him to pick one and let someone else play with the others. So today he did exactly as he usually does and I told him the same thing I say every time, over and over, sounding like a broken record. He did as he was told and was a very well behave little man. I was relieved after the morning we had, when I kept telling him to bring me his socks and he would just give me his eye roll. Not my favorite response. Its amazing how a 2 year old that barely says a word, can sass me so much without even saying a word. Oh and by the way, where did this eye roll come from? I can't figure out where that came from, but I don't like it! After our play date, we had to run to Target because we were all out of formula(I so miss the breastfeeding days). While at there, I bought a little Mack truck for Bubbie and a cute little shirt for my baby Boo. I shouldn't have, but what can I say, I have no control when it comes to shopping. I blame my Dad, we share the same problem with money burning a hole, LOL! It was so cute though, when I laid Bubbie down for his nap, he took his Mack truck to bed with him, adorable!

Speaking of which, ever since he has seen the movie "Cars" last Sunday night on TV, he is obsessed with everything "Cars." He has one "Cars" shirt and a sweatshirt that he wants to wear everyday! Washing it every night is not going to keep working for me, so I guess I'm going to have to go shopping for some "Car" stuff. So between "Backyardigans" and "Cars," this boy is going to break the bank for us! It is cute though, him and his little ways of controlling his environment. Sometimes annoying. Should make for a busy weekend! Oh yea, last night Bubbie said "bread," so exciting. He is on this new kick of going to the fridge and grabbing a slice of bread to eat. Bubbie loves bread, of all the things in that fridge. He asked Daddy for "bread" since he couldn't get in the fridge with Daddy cooking. Our stove is right by the refridgerator. We were so excited, that we spent the rest of the night trying to get him to say it again! Oh what our lives have become!

No comments:

Post a Comment