Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

As we all know, this last weekend was a long weekend all thanks to Labor Day!! It was a busy weekend. It all started with Thursday. I had a Jewelry Party and did a lot of baking and cleaning. It wasn't a great turn out, but I think everyone had fun. I know I sure did! Friday, Daddy worked a little on tearing out the Kitchen flooring. There is still a ton of work to be done on that. While he worked on floors, the kids and I played outside because it became too dusty and smoky to be inside. Especially for the kids.

On Saturday, we met up with Granddad, Aunt M, Uncle G, Aunt M&M and cousins at the Zoo. Mainly it was Granddad's birthday, so we decided to celebrate it at the Zoo. After trying to keep the group together and dealing with kids, we were all exhausted by the end, but it was a lot of fun!

Also this weekend, our new niece was born on Sunday morning! We went to visit my BIL, SIL and baby that afternoon. This is their third girl, I think they are excited to have another newborn. Though I think they may keep trying for a boy, hehe! My new niece, we will call her FD for now, was so tiny, she was only 6lbs, 10oz. Adorable!

Monday we finished up with meeting Aunt M&M at OJ Watson Park. She brought her new baby, a dog named Maggie and we fed the ducks. Both Bubbie and Boo enjoyed it! Bubbie especially got a kick out of it. They played at the park for a few, but they soon tired of it and we went on to the Mall. Daddy and the kiddos went and played in the play area while I did some shopping. Amazingly I didn't buy a thing, how unlike me! I was actually a bit disappointed the lack of sales the stores had. All and all though, it was a fun, family filled, busy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment