Saturday, December 12, 2009

Beginning to Look Like Christmas!

Its my favorite time of the year again!! This year we are going all out to decorate for Christmas and I can only hope to add to it in the proceeding years! I am filled with joy as I pull out the decorations and clean up the Christmas dishes that have been in storage for nearly a year, in preparation for our special Christmas Dinner.

To add to the excitement, we have many crafts and activities for the kids planned. The kids are making their own ornaments this year, with Mommy and Daddy's help of course. We also have a rice crispy kit to make rice crispy houses. That was one of Bubbie's favorites from last year and this year Boo gets to participate! Also in this post is another project that I have been working on, the picture is below.


The kiddos playing on the sofa.


This is the project I had been working on the last couple of days. I think it turned out better than I expected!!


My new tablecloth, special just for Christmas!!


Holly and Hal, Bubbie and Boo's special Christmas Eve gift from last year. We have made it a tradition to buy the kids a special Christmas Eve gift from Build A Bear. Its nice to read a Christmas book and open their gift before they go to bed on Christmas Eve.


I LOVE to collect Santa figurines. I still need to buy one for this year!!


More of my Santas


Both of these I have had since I was a kid.


Our beautiful Christmas tree with the kid's special Christmas Eve gifts all ready for them to open!

(sorry, Boo erased a photo here and did something else I can't fix, I will upload at another time)
I also LOVE the plushes from Hallmark, these are a few that we have. You can also see the ornaments that Boo likes to pull off of the tree. Good thing they are only fabric, so she can't break them!

Most of our Christmas shopping is done. Thankfully there are only a few gifts that I need to still get, but thankfully we were able to do a lot of our shopping online and avoid traffic! Hope you all have a Happy(and stress free)Holiday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment