Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More Catching Up

Here is our catching up, part II!  I know you're excited ;)

 Having a relaxing moment before the craziness of the day started.  Look how cute they are all snuggled up with each other!  How sweet!!

This last Saturday was Free Museum Day and we chose Museum of World Treasures, which I will add was a rip off!  Lesson learned not to attend this museum on Free Museum Day, reason is they are not free.  Yes, that's right, they are not free.  It was free for Daddy and I, but we had to pay $14 for the kids admission.  They charge the same price for ALL kids regardless of age.  Seriously ridiculous!!  Especially considering the kids didn't care to see most of the Museum.  They did enjoy the Dinosaurs and the kid's play area as you will see in photos to follow.

 This is probably the best part of the Museum, a piece of the Berlin Wall.  Seriously awesome!  I suppose in some ways, it did make paying $14 worth it(maybe).  I just kept staring at this in awe of it's mere presence.  How often do you get to be this close to something so significant and huge in World History?!  Sorry, I'm kind of a nerd in that way.  I do love World History :)

In the following photos below, you will see where we spent the rest of our time in the Museum.  Obviously this was Bubbie and Boo's favorite part.









Overall, despite feeling a sense of being ripped off and being asked to leave the third floor(where the play area was)because they were at capacity and were closing down the third floor, I'd say the kids had fun and that is really what's important.

Sunday we attended the McConnell AFB Open House, aka Air Show.  It would seem that Saturday brought Fall with it and by Sunday, well I think you can tell by the photos how chilly it was!  Let me just say, BRRR!! I wished I had one of those nice fleece lined hoodies that day!  Thankfully though by that afternoon it had warmed up enough to be comfortable.  We arrived at the Air Show around 10am and stayed until almost 5pm.  That's right, we spent the whole day!  Sadly with that, I had sunblock in my purse, but not once did it occur to me to put any on and I had my hair pulled back.  I'm sure you can see where this is going.  I received one of the worse sunburns I've had since I was a kid!  Did you know that your ears could swell up from a sunburn?  I didn't, but I know now!  My ears literally swelled to twice their size, thankfully a friend told me about Apple Cider Vinegar and it took care of the swelling.  Thankfully the kids only had a very minor sunburn on their cheeks because they were lucky enough to have the canopy on their stroller that blocked the sun for most of their day.

 Daddy was impressed by this plane, so much so it was the first picture of the day!

 The kids donning their ear plugs, everything was too loud for them.  A lot of it scared them, especially Boo so we made sure not to hang around the flight line too much.

 You can barely see, but they had a jet powered port-o-potty!  Hilarious!!  It could get up to 72mph!

 An attempted shot of the B1 I think.  All the planes moved too fast to really get any good shots.


 Boo kept getting scared every time the B1 flew over, so I told her if she stayed under the canopy she would be safe.  As you can see she took me literally.  Every time she heard a plane go over she would pull the canopy down over her!  Honestly though by the end she started pointing at the planes and would get excited.  Until the Thunderbirds, that is another story that I will get to soon!

Bubbie had managed to snag a Thunderbirds mag. that he carried throughout the show.  He just kept looking through it and wouldn't let anyone else hold it.  It was so cute to see how he enjoyed carrying that around!  Like he was so proud of himself.





Bubbie really enjoyed touring some of the planes with Daddy!  Boo not so much, but she still had a smile on her face.


 Daddy replacing Bubbie's ear plug in preparation for some noisy planes.

We had stayed to watch the Thunderbirds, but after 5 seconds the kids were done.  They were both scared when the Thunderbirds started to perform, they didn't like the sound and vibration of them flying over.  Bubbie will tell you, "The Thunderbirds are awesome, but they are too loud!"  Since seeing the Thunderbirds, every time Bubbie sees a contrail in the sky he tells us that the Thunderbirds did that.  They are all he has talked about for the last three days!  Surprising considering how much he didn't enjoy the show, but at least it would seem he did find some enjoyment from the Air Show.

Below was our Monday after such a busy weekend.  The kids crashed even after a long nights sleep.  Monday was a down day for us, much needed if I do say so myself.  I did need to go out and stock up on groceries, but it came to putting it off until today.  Sometimes you just have to, that and when you just aren't feeling well.  Thankfully we are all feeling better today and ready for the week.



Hope this all didn't overwhelm anyone and hopefully I will keep up on the blog more often!  If not, just keep on me and please don't give up on me, LOL!  Until the next post, adios!

1 comment: