Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Week Full of Firsts

A little more than a week ago, Bubbie, Daddy and Granddad did a little fishing trip at Uncle G and Aunt M's house. Bubbie's "best friend", his cousin G also joined them. This was Bubbie's first time fishing and he wasn't too sure about the fish, but I would say overall he had a great time! For days he talked about going fishing with Granddad and G.


A little inside information on Bubbie is that when we go to Lowe's, when we go to the light to turn left out of the parking lot, Bubbie always wants us to go right to go to his cousin G's house. When you ask about his cousin G, he always replies "G is my best friend!" That always brings a smile to my face because when I was a kid, my best friend was my cousin too! I'm so happy that my kids have the same opportunity with their cousins. After all, family is forever. Love them or dislike them.

Another first this last week was when Boo burned the palm of her right hand on the stove. I can't even count the number of times I've asked her not to touch the stove and repeatedly told her that it will burn and cause a big "owie". I suppose you could say that now she knows. It all happened while I was making "mac 'n cheese" for lunch. I just turned off the burner and was mixing in the cheese when I look over to where Boo was, just in time to see her hand touch the burner. I immediately grabbed her and put her hand under cold water for a couple of minutes. After which I put some ice in a plastic baggie and wrapped it in a cloth. While I was holding her hand with the ice on it, she fell asleep. How funny is it that her shirt says "sleepy"? Love it!! Thankfully her hand had only mild swelling and a day later, I can't even see it! I say she was lucky and has healed very quickly!


For a long while now, I've put Boo's hair in pigtails. No matter how little hair she has had, I've found ways to put those pigtails in! Today I wasn't feeling pigtails, so I decided to french braid her hair for, you guessed it, the first time! I must say, not bad for our first attempt. When we went to Babies R Us briefly today, Boo received a lot of compliments. I also received compliments for my patience to do her hair. If only people knew how little patience I had, but somehow today, I managed to muster up some patience. Hopefully for the sake of cuteness, I can continue to find patience! Though I was surprised how well Boo sat for getting her hair done also, that is a big part of my accomplishment or should I say our accomplishment!




I'll end with saying that as challenging as my kids can be, it's always worth the rewards that we get out of the little moments like these! It also helps that they are darn cute!!

1 comment: