Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bubbie's Fourth Birthday Party

This Saturday, October 16, we had a Birthday Party for Bubbie at the Great Plains Transportation Museum.  Officially, Bubbie will be 4 on the 19th.  Honestly I don't know where this last year went and I can't believe my baby is turning 4!  

Bubbie you have gone from my little tiny bundle of joy to a handsome little boy!  Most recently you have begun to speak in complete sentences and share some deep thoughts.  You impress me everyday with how clever you are.  We can't fool you any longer!  You also have a great sense of humor and you make your Dad and I laugh all the time with the things you come up with.  I love watching your imagination and creativity bloom everyday and I look forward to watching you grow in the coming years that will likely go by too quickly.  Most of all we love to celebrate you, you are truly a blessing from God.  I am thankful that I was chosen to be your Mom.  We love you Bubbie!!  Happy Birthday Bubbie!

Love, 
Daddy, Mommy and Boo

Bubbie decided that he wanted to do Thomas the Train theme and what better a place to have it at than a Train Museum!  Here he is putting on his Conductor hat.  Grandma had to help of course because Bubbie's head wasn't quite big enough to fill it out.

When Bubbie first heard the Train Whistle, he was scared.  After he heard it a couple of time, he was ok with it and even excited about the train going by.

Here I am, setting up for the Party.  This silly centerpiece didn't have very good instructions.  Finally my Niece came over to give me a hand.

Playing on the train that looks over W. Douglas.  They enjoyed watching the cars go under the bridge.

View looking down over W. Douglas


Bubbie and Daddy talking across to each other(or rather yelling :))

Boo climbing on the seat.  Surprisingly she really enjoyed going through the trains and playing.

Bubbie and one of his friends.  These two were like two peas in a pod.

Mommy being silly and giving Bubbie some bunny ears.  Bubbie thought it was hilarious!

The most important part of a party, the cake!  It's tradition to buy cakes from Cheri's Bakery here in town and we always get banana flavor with vanilla creme filling, yum yum!  Bubbie's and Boo's favorite flavor.

Bubbie is thinking, "Can we eat the cake yet?"  Time to blow out the candles!

Now time to cut the cake and eat it too!

Can you tell he is enjoying his cake?  He couldn't wait to dig into it!

Bubbie and his friends and family enjoyed climbing around the caboose that we had the party on.  As well as many other trains.  I also think Bubbie liked checking out the equipment on the trains.  Overall I would say that the party turned out very well and the staff was very easy and nice to work with.  After a party, the best part is hearing everyone say that they had a great time.  I definitely think we will be making more trips to this Museum!

Also this year we decided to do things a little differently.  After some talking, we decided it would be best to let Bubbie open his gifts at home.  I would say that the only issue with this, is that once Bubbie dug into his gifts, we didn't know what came from who! :0  We were able to figure out a couple of the gifts, but some we weren't sure.  Please if you attended the party, leave a comment or you can message me through FB and let us know which gift you gave.  I want to make sure I get the right Thank You notes out to the right giver.  

Enjoying one of his Matchbox Planes that he received.  Funny enough the plane that this is a model of has a family connection!

Trying on the robe that Grandma gave him.  He looks like a little man!  How cute!!

Thank you to all our friends and family that came out to help us celebrate, we enjoyed your company!

1 comment: