Sunday, October 10, 2010

Just Want to Share Some of My Progress!

Sorry to blog only about 'ME', but I feel I've earned a little time to talk about the small little progress that I've made by kicking diet and exercise into high gear!  It's comparison time!

 Here is a picture of me in late August, at the beginning of starting my new workout routine and diet plan.

And here is a very recent photo!  Amazingly, I've only lost 3lbs., but I've dropped one jean size!  I can definitely see the difference in my face.  I hope to start losing more weight soon!  Keep your fingers crossed!! When struggling with PCOS(polycystic ovarian syndrome) and Hypoglycemia, weight loss doesn't come as easy as it does to the average Joe.  As many with PCOS know!  I like to say that I haven't lost much in the weight department because I'm building so much muscle, hehehe!  Hopefully that is true!

I recently met a new friend and she works out a lot!  I regret that I can't make it over to work out with her, mainly because of Daddy being on Second Shift.  Hopefully though, with Daddy being back on First things will change.  Anyway, now that I went off of my point.  Honestly, this friend had reinspired me to get back onto the wagon of diet and exercise.  As most who know me, I've struggled for 2 years to lose any weight.  It has led to being on again and off again.  To eventually just plain giving up!  Well finally I've come to a point where I'm tired of being tired and not having the energy to keep up with my kids.  I'm tired of looking in the mirror and putting myself down because of not liking what I see.  I'm done with that.  The time has come to stop placing blame on PCOS/circumstances and really knowing that the reason I didn't like what I saw was no one's fault, but my own.  I now realize that I'm stronger than I ever thought I could be.  I've pushed through my boundaries and haven't let pain stop me.  I can only hope that this new strength I've found, perseveres!

On the other hand, when it comes to the scale.  Well lets just say, I would LOVE to drop kick it out of the nearest window!!  Because of this, I've decided not to let the scale dictate how I feel.  Honestly, I feel wonderful!!  I still need coffee, but I do have more energy than I've had in years!  I've decided that instead of setting a goal on the scale, that I would rather set a goal of a jean size.  And what size, you may ask, do I want to be?  My reply, I would love to be a size 8!  I'm only one size away :)  So here is to reaching my goal!

1 comment: