Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth of July 2010

Hope everyone had a Happy Fourth of July!! Here are a few photos of the show we went to before we became the show.

Of course we have to do a family photo, we do one every year! Sadly all I can think is what a big head I have. Oh well, it's for the kids!

Bubbie and Boo getting cozy for the fireworks show.

Beech Lake. Better to get a photo of it now because who knows what it will look like a year from now! Beech Lake has been sold, but thankfully HBC allowed one last Fireworks Show.


Daddy, Bubbie and Boo throwing poppers. I also have video which I'll add later.


A couple of the few shots that I snapped. I also took video, but both turned out to be very blurry so they aren't any good for sharing. Unfortunately we didn't get to watch the whole show. As some already know, it was not long after snapping these photos that Daddy had another seizure. At that point with the emergency vehicles and everything we became the show.

Thankfully there was a family next to us that were very helpful! The Mom was a First Responder for Cessna and she helped with answering the questions with the 911 dispatcher. She also along with her Husband had to get Aaron out from under the car, he had managed to work himself under it while seizing. Their kids were also helpful in flagging down the Emergency Vehicles and guiding them in to us. We are so very thankful that this family was there and were so helpful! So after all the excitement, we ended up at the the Hospital, but not for the reasons that one would think on the night of the Fourth. Which amazingly the ER was empty at the busiest Hospital in town! Not what I would've expected.


Special just for the Fourth of July, I made a chocolate bundt cake. We also had strawberries in the fridge already cut for a fruit salad that we made for the night before, so I thought "What goes better with chocolate than strawberries?" The plan was to eat the cake after our Fireworks Show, but as you probably guessed, that didn't happen. So this morning, we ate it for breakfast! Breakfast of champions don't you know! This will definitely be a Fourth of July that we will never forget.

3 comments:

  1. That's terrible, Erin! I really hope they get things figured out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! I was hoping that all this was behind you! : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Heather.

    Sorry Diane there was an error when I tried to Publish your comment. I too was hoping this was behind us. August would've made 6mths w/o a seizure, but now we start all over again.

    ReplyDelete