Sunday, July 4, 2010

Trip to Cowtown and an Evening of Fireworks

Saturday we went to Old Cowtown Museum with Grandma E, Aunt M, Aunt MM and cousins. Despite the wet and dreary day, it was a fun visit! Though some may dispute that. The kids had fun and that is what's really important! And I enjoyed the sarsaparilla, something that I LOVED as a kid!

Walking into the Museum, which is setup like a town and all outdoors. I love Cowtown because it really is like living History. You walk through the buildings and it's like stepping back into time, the time of late 1800's. I just love stuff like this!! I know, I'm such a nerd! Most of all, I love sharing this experience with my kids. Even if they never understand or appreciate it.

The Gypsies made an appearance for our visit this day! I was so excited to see them and watch them dance! The kids didn't really notice, they were more interested in spending time with each other.



Taking a look inside the School House.

Bubbie liked how the seat flipped up.





Cousin A thought she would try out some stilts.

The covered wagon, that we later took a ride on.


The Bank


The Train Station



Hotel Room fit for a lady.



Hotel Room fit for a Gentleman.


I'm thinking this was what they bathed in or maybe did their laundry.

Check in for the Hotel. In the next room was a game room, where the men gambled.

Also in the reception of the Hotel.

Taking a ride on the wagon. Please excuse my hair, it was a rainy day so the hair felt like curling up.

Bubbie with his Aunt MM.


Here is the Marshal's Headquarters. You know the local Law Enforcement.



Apparently the Marshal kept a safe, but I'm not sure what for.

Marching for prohibition of Rum.

And those who wanted to keep their Rum marching behind.

Now of course when you go to a Museum on Fourth of July weekend, you just have to get your face painted. Amazingly despite the rain, the face paintings did not fade! Bubbie though refused to get his face painted, but Boo was receptive to the idea as long as she could sit on Mommy's lap.

Cousin G got a Monster Truck.


Boo got a rose on her face, but she wasn't cooperative on allowing Mommy to take a picture. Can you see it?


Cousin A also got a rose and a butterfly.

After we were exhausted from walking around Cowtown and soaking wet, we decided it was time to go home. The kids fell asleep in the car after about 5 minutes. We arrived home and put the kids down for naps. When they awoke, we all changed clothes because it was quite cool Saturday evening and we had a BBQ to attend with some friends.

At this BBQ is was Fireworks palooza!! I've never seen so many littering the street in my entire life! Absolutely crazy! Once it became dark out, they put on their very own Fireworks show! Yes you got that right, their very own. Right in the middle of a neighborhood! Honestly though, the best fireworks show I've ever seen in my life!! Thank you to our friends for inviting us! Of course we got home very late and the kids passed out in no time. It was a very fun and eventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment