Sunday, July 11, 2010

What We Won't Do for Our Kids

It's official!  We have become like many Parent's in that we now have a child obsessed with TOY STORY.  Bubbie wants to wear nothing but his Toy Story t-shirts, so of course we had to buy him a couple tees because he can't wear the same shirt EVERYDAY.  Bubbie's Grandma bought him his first TS3 tee and ever since he has been hooked!  Well yesterday Daddy and I made the mistake of promising him a stuffed Buzz Lightyear if he behaved during dinner and ate.  Bubbie was so excited that he cleaned his plate!!  And we didn't have one tantrum during dinner.  Honestly I can't remember how long it's been since we had a nice enjoyable dinner without Bubbie being upset about having to eat!  Well as you know we had to keep our promise, though admittedly I didn't think Bubbie would pull it off.  We arrived at one Target to get a stuffed Buzz, only to find that they were sold out.  Being that it was close to closing time, we rushed to another Target.  Again sold out.  At this point I asked if Bubbie would like the stuffed Woody, his answer, "NO, I want Buzz Lightyear!"  So I took him to the toy aisle, but he didn't want a Buzz Lightyear toy either.  So the search continued.  

Finally we found ourselves at a Wal-Mart.  Yea, that's right.  The dreaded Wally World.  When one is desperate, what choice do you have?  After all, the last thing I wanted was to tell my Son that everyone was sold out and see his sad, disappointed face.  Especially when I knew, thanks to Wal-Mart commercials taking over my TV, that they had a large stock of stuffed Buzz Lightyears.  Sure enough, they had stuffed Buzz Lightyears, but Bubbie decided that he wanted a different Buzz instead, shown below in the picture.  By the way, Buzz slept in Bubbie's bed last night.  Problem was that Buzz kept flying in the air, so it was difficult for Bubbie to sleep.  Finally they both became very worn out.

After almost two hours of driving around town and ending up on the West Side of town, it begs the question, "What we won't do for our kids?"

Also this last week, we were getting some groceries at, you probably guessed it, Target.  I decided to walk by the kid's clothing section where I spotted the new stock of Genuine Kids clothing.  I really had no intentions of buying clothes for the kids, but when I saw an outfit for Boo, it was just too cute to pass up!  After I was doing so good about not buying so many clothes for the kids too!  I love leggings, so it's really hard to pass up the opportunity to buy them for Boo as well.  Sadly I liked her new leggings so MUCH, that I went back and bought a second pair in a different color/pattern.  The addiction is starting again!

Wearing her new top that I bought.  With cute hairbows too!!

Adorable!!


Showing off his Toy Story t-shirt from Grandma

Now to share some cute animal pictures.

SMILE Pumpkin!!

Look at me, I'm the keeper of the animals!

Also today, Sunday, Daddy and I celebrate seven years of marriage!  It's amazing that it's been seven years already!  We've accomplished a lot in seven years and had our up's and more than our share of down's.  Somehow we seem to come through everything stronger!  So here is to another year and hopefully it will be full of more up's!!  

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Erin!!! Sorry to hear about your troubles in your previous post, we wish you all the best and keep you in our thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven years, wow!! That's awesome! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete