Friday, July 2, 2010

Day at the Zoo

Friday afternoon, we took a trip to the Zoo!! This was the first trip in quite some time and hopefully we will go often! First we started the morning hanging and lounging around the house.

Boo sporting her new, very first pair, of jellies!! Adorable! I found them on clearance at Old Navy!

Bubbie was looking at a catalog with toys in it and said that he was "reading". He also kept pointing to toys and saying that he "needs this". He is catching on to that game quickly!

Boo felt like being a Daddy's girl this morning.

Bubbie showing off his new Toy Story 3 T-shirt that he picked out yesterday from JCP's. These were also on clearance!! It was tough for him to pick just one!

Finally sometime around 11am, we left for Target to get a few things for the Zoo. Also we spoiled ourselves with some danishes for breakfast and also stopped to get Mommy's little helper, coffee. Then once we bought our supplies, it was off to the Zoo, where Uncle J also met up with us!

Beautiful Peacock!!

Can you spot the baby duckling? He was adorable!! There were many babies at the Zoo today.

Daddy pulling Bubbie and Boo along. Kids have it made!! I wish I could be pulled around the entire Zoo!

Pig, check out his snoot!! You don't get much more relaxed than this!



Daddy and Uncle J

I love the mohawk on the brown mule.

I love these guys, they are so scruffy and hairy!!


Look at that face, adorable!!


This guy has been at the Zoo for many years! He is still my favorite horse!! Beautiful!!

Sorry, I just love goats!! They are clever little creatures! These goats figured out how to open the dispenser on their pellets. They would get them before you even had the chance to feed them!



Chillin' in their ride!


There's my mohawk guy again! So cute!!

He was sniffing us out. He even let us pet his muzzle!!

Check out the markings on this horse. Can't believe I never noticed it before!

Sleepy Sheep

We always love to visit the Penguins!


Female Peacock



Lazy Grizzly Bear



Check out the rack on this Elk!!

I actually saw a Mexican Wolf out in the open. Usually you have to search in the trees to see them!

Bison

I love Pronghorns! They have the coolest markings!





The kiddos and I getting ready to visit the Tigers!


Playing in the water!

Taking a cat nap.


Bubbie and Boo thought the tiger being so close was awesome!!


Look how proper he sits! And he is looking right at me!! Probably thinking that I would make a great snack!!



Silver Back Gorilla! He looks very relaxed!



While we were there, it started getting hot so Bubbie decided to take an opportunity to cool off!

Baby Meerkats!! These were absolutely ADORABLE!!


King of the Pride

African Elephant

I also have a video to post, but it's too big of a file for blogger. Hopefully I will get it uploaded to YouTube soon! Until then, you can see that we had a great day at the Zoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment