Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Another Year and Another Birthday

Today(Tuesday, sorry didn't notice the time)marks another year passed and another year older.  It's the day I celebrate my 28th birthday.  It's amazing how quickly it seems that these birthdays just keep sneaking up on me.  It reminds me of how much I've been told to treasure and enjoy life because it goes by quickly.  I would laugh it off as a naive young(err younger)woman, but only now I am starting to understand.  I find a lot of things I used to laugh at in the past, have proven to be true.  Guess that is how life works, after all we have to live to become wise and those are wise words indeed.  So here is to another year passed and to another year wiser!

For my birthday, we decided to go to my favorite bakery after Bubbie's Speech Therapy.  Cake from Cheri's Bakery is worth driving across town for!  Truth be told, I chose the cake because it was pretty.  Wouldn't have mattered what flavor it was.  This one was a vanilla cake with vanilla creme filling!  Normally I am a chocolate person all the way, but this cake was delicious!!  While I picked out my cake, we let Bubbie and Boo each pick a cookie.  They were very delighted and devoured their cookies in seconds!


Bubbie admiring Mommy's cake.  Though according to him, it would taste better with Pirates on it.;)

Once we enjoyed cake, it was time for Daddy to go to work.  I believe I owe an explanation on this.  Daddy's job has temporarily moved him to Second Shift while they are training some new guy(actually a bump in)on First Shift, on the job that Daddy does.  We are not a happy family at the current time.  With this shift, it has thrown off everything.  The kids have started having more tantrums and just plain wanting more attention.  They miss Daddy at bed time.  It has been rough on all of us.  We do the best we can and try to make the most of the time we get to spend with Daddy, but he is definitely missed by Bubbie and Boo.  We just have to make it, at most, a couple of months and then we will have to adjust to Daddy being back on First Shift.  I can't wait until then!  As I like to say most recently, a day LIVED is a day SURVIVED!!


2 comments:

  1. Happ Birthday, Erin!!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Erin! If you're 28, I wonder how old that makes me? :)

    ReplyDelete