Friday, December 3, 2010

Gearing Up for the Holidays

That time of year is upon us, it's time to send the Christmas cards, time for Christmas shopping and the crazy traffic that comes along with all the stress.  It's amazing at how rude people become this time of year and all in the name of Christmas.  It begs the question, is this really what is meant for the season?  Are we forgetting the real meaning of Christmas?  It used to be the season that brought out the best in people, but it would seem that has been lost.

Ok, now that I've got that out, onto the things that we are really here for.  Also a time that is upon us, is Daddy's hip replacement surgery.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about this or stressing about it.  I've notice even I have become a little short tempered and cranky in this last week.  Honestly I don't know how we are going to work everything out!  I do know that I will need help with Bubbie and Boo.  Thankfully for the day of the surgery, I have my Husband's family to watch them.  It is already known, that Daddy will have to spend at least 3 days in the Hospital.  I'm not sure if I will be able to visit him there, but a lot will count on kids and how tired they are.  I may have to ask for some help on those days too, only time will tell.  In the mean time, I running myself thin trying to get some things in order before Daddy's surgery so that we are geared up for the Holidays.

This evening, Daddy and I have arranged for the kids to spend an evening with their cousins so we can wrap up our Christmas shopping for the kids and make sure any loose ends are tied.  My Mom will also be having surgery this month.  Admittedly I had hope she would have been able to help with kids during this time, but she too will need time to heal and recover.  Hopefully she will recover quickly and get back to all the things she enjoys soon!  In the mean time, I will be taking everything one.day.at.a.time.  It's all I can do!  Please this Holiday season, keep our family in your thoughts and hope that we can all get back to regularly scheduled programming soon!  I also will say, please be patient with me, as when I'm stressed I lash out at times and become very cranky.  I ask that you please forgive me ahead of time?  Also thank you to everyone that has offered to help and those who have wished us the best, we are thankful for all of you!

Happy Holidays!  May your Holiday keep you stress free and bring out the best in others around you!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you and your family! Please let me know if I can help with the kids, meals, anything at all!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel, I will let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete