Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Other Holiday Fun, Catching up

Somewhere between Daddy's surgery, my Mom's surgery(she is doing well, by the way), and all the craziness of the Holidays approaching us, I have forgotten to do a post or two.  I am going to take a moment to blog about all the fun things I had forgotten to share.

Our Niece, K, had her Fourth birthday party earlier this month.  We all went to Funtastics to celebrate with her!  Many of our family members have had birthday parties here, so Little Big Foot and Baby Long Legs are well acquainted with all the fun things there are to do, to somewhat of my dismay.  I'm glad that they have become adventurous and confident, but I do worry about this place and some of the things there are to play on.  I make sure that Daddy, myself or an Aunt is close to make sure they don't severely hurt themselves.  Despite all of my nervousness, we all do have fun!  Another benefit is that my kids are always exhausted after we play there!
 Everyone playing in the foam pit.  Daddy got himself stuck in here and I would be lying if I said that I didn't think it was somewhat hilarious! ;)
 Time for cake!!
Also, a week before Christmas, we had a Christmas Party with our SAHM's group.  Unfortunately this was the only photo from that night, as I was at Daddy's beck and call because he had only been discharged from the Hospital a few days before and on crutches.  I was a busy Mommy that night!  We still had fun and this Santa was the best I've seen, ever!  We also were able to enjoy a great dinner provided by the group, which after a couple weeks of fast-food, this meal was what our family needed.  A HUGE thank you to all the Families that helped to make the food, set up for the party, plan and clean up.  You all did a fabulous job!
Also a bit of fun this month was the Lunar Eclipse on Winter Solstice.  Yes, we stayed up just so we could see it!  And of course, I had to take a picture :)
Last week we had the opportunity to attend a PAT event that a Mom in our group volunteers to put on for our group.  With the help of our Organizers, there were fun crafts for the kids to do.  I unfortunately didn't get a picture of my kids with theirs before they were destroyed, but I did get a quick snapshot of their gingerbread(aka graham cracker)houses.  LBF decorated his all by himself this year!  He did an awesome job!  BLL had quite a lot of help, as she was more interested in eating the candy rather than decorating with it.  Thank you to Heather for volunteering to do these events!  My kids certainly enjoyed themselves and they were so excited to show Daddy their hard work.
Also while we were at this event, BLL managed to hurt her toe.  I had to put her in a time-out because she was being a bully(I know, certainly not sweet little BLL!).  I took her out into a hallway where we were by ourselves and placed her on a bench.  Then I decided to go back into the main room to check on LBF.  When I turned around I say her little fingers between the doors, I went to keep the doors from shutting on her fingers only to open the door on her poor little toe, of which she was barefoot because in a fit of rage she had decided to tear off her boots and socks.  So there you have it, I'm a mean Mommy.  Its looking like BLL toe nail will be falling off any day now, let us hope for a speedy recovery!  Poor kid.

This wraps up all the fun we had before the fun of Christmas was upon us!  I just love the excitement of the Holidays and I look forward to next year!  Hope everyone has a fun and SAFE New Year's Eve and a Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment