Thursday, May 5, 2011

A New (Ad)Venture

Well I have dabbled, tried my hand, played at and toyed with making hair clippies and I think I have FINALLY found my niche.  Now the time has come to decide if I am going to continue with my clip making and if I am going to, then its time for me to start making it pay.  Which now begs the question, where do I go from here?  I've investigated Etsy, but they are quite pricey between charging for each post, paying an percentage of each sale, shipping and handling costs and then there is the amount I have to pay for use of Paypal.  With all of those costs, it really doesn't even begin to payoff expenses(which now I know why things can be so expensive on that site).  I've debated starting a page on Facebook, but not really sure how to get this venture off the ground.  Here is where I could quite possibly be one lucky gal in that there are a couple of Moms in our SAHM's group, who's brains I can pick!  If they allow me to ;)

Here is my first question, if you are one that has started your own business, how did you start and what has worked best for getting customers/new customers?

In the mean time, here are a few of my clippies for your viewing pleasure.  If there are any you like, please feel free to PM me or contact me through Facebook.  Currently, I've just opened a Paypal account.  Which unfortunately means it will be a couple days before it will be up and running while they verify my account(but cash for those whom reside locally, is preferable and I will do my best to meet up with you.  Hahah)  Thank you in advance for answering my questions and/or buying!

Cupcakes 1 $2.00 Each

Cupcakes 2 $2.00 Each

Button Flower $3.00

Owls $2.00 Each

Flip Flops $2.00 Each

 Birds $2.00 Each

 Song Birds $2.00 Each

Just to show how cute these are, here is my little model showing one of the Song Birds.  So cute!!

If you contact me, I can customize the color of ribbon, if you do not like the examples showing.  Of course everything is limited upon availability and they are handmade, so product may vary a little from clip to clip.

Thank you for looking and I assure you these clips will not take over my blog ;)

4 comments:

  1. I can't help a ton, but as soon as a couple other vendors are ready (Mandy said she's in) I'm planning on relaunching my blog and am going to do a 'week of giveaways' or something to that effect. One requirement for winning is that each person entering will have to 'like' the vendor's page. Let me know if you'd be interested in participating - might drum up a little business. And as soon as Libby has hair, I promise she'll be sporting her clippies and I'll tell everyone where I got them (speaking of which, let me know when you're next going to be at playgroup and I'll bring your $$, sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a great idea! I will let you know. I will have to check the calendar because I myself don't know when the next one is that we are attending, LOL! I have a bad memory, heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! How exciting! I have very little advice, but maybe you can set up a separate blogspot profile/name for the business. It would be free (no domain name fees), and super easy to maintain.

    I LOVE all the designs, and will deifintely be buying a couple - especially the flower clip - from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rachel! I look forward to your purchase ;) Thank you too for the compliments.

    ReplyDelete