Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby

I can't believe that today my baby is THREE!!  I don't know where the last couple of years have gone, but they sure did float on by!  It sounds so strange to be a Mom to two full fledged toddlers aged 4.5 and 3.  When they were babies, these ages felt so far away and now it seems they were babies just yesterday!  This last weekend we had a Garage Sale and it was so bittersweet selling off the kid's old clothing and baby toys.  On one hand it was nice to finally clear out all the stuff from storage, but on the other, it solidified that we will not be having another baby.  Kind of saddening, the very thought of it.  It does make me happy though that other's will be able to enjoy our old things.  Life has a way of thrusting us forward and this is just another Milestone on the Journey of Life.

Catie, you are one strong headed, stubborn and passionate little girl.  You know how to manipulate Daddy just by uttering, "But why, Daddy?"  You've learned to be tough and to fight for yourself from your Brother's constant picking on you, since we brought you home from the Hospital(to which he is still adjusting to, hahah).  You fear nothing(which scares me a bit from time to time)!  The thing that amazes me most is your ability to talk and speak as though someone who is years older than you and also your ability to recite songs that you've heard in passing.  I especially LOVE how you sing, "You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman", by Carole King.  Hilarious!!  I know that you will grow up to be one strong young woman someday and you won't let anything get in the way of what you want!  Daddy, Chars and I love you and all the pizzazz you bring to our lives!  Happy Birthday Baby Catie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment