Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Power of Positive Thought

I want to take a minute to speak about the power of positive thought.  It pains me so to hear people talk down on themselves and I too am guilty of this.  For years all I could do was focus on my negatives instead of focusing on my positives.  When it came to weight loss, it didn't happen until I started changing my focus to my positives.  Yoga has taught me two things;

1)Learn to Work Within Your Limitations
2)Try to Find Peace in Chaotic Situations

For now, I want to focus on the first of the two.  Mostly because I'm still working on the second, heheh.  When I started working within my "limitations" and accepting them, the pounds started coming off.  I started forcing myself to look in the mirror, after a couple of years of avoiding it.  Then I started taking a good look and finding the things that I did like about myself.  For example; I like that I have curves and that, even though I'm an average white girl, I have junk in my trunk.  LOL!  I also feel very blessed in the fact that people in my family don't age.  We have baby faces.  I will be turning ahem, 29 this Summer and yet I feel so lucky that I don't have a wrinkle to show for it(Partly too I think because my skin is so oily.  Oily skin is a pain to deal with, but it keeps skin young, hahah).  Getting deeper than skin, I think I have a good heart.  I can meet a person only once and still care about them, no matter the circumstances.  I am a very forgiving person, I don't like to hold a grudge.

Once I started focusing on my positives, more would come to me each time I would do this.  I share this because I want everyone to take a few minutes each day to focus on their positives and forget about the negatives.  We are all special in our own ways and that is awesome!  Just to reiterate, Learn to Work Within Your Limitations.  For the record I don't mean to sound preachy or anything like that, I just want the people I care about to love themselves too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment