Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Big Girl Room!

I thought I would attempt a 360 degree view of Boo's room. We removed a couple pieces of furniture, the changing table and the rocking chair. The rocking chair is now in my living room and it fits really well! Boo's room is still a work in progress, we still need a set of shelves, an organizing bins for toys and to retouch the paint.

Boo's room was originally painted for Bubbie when we were expecting him. His bedding was green with white elephants, it was adorable. When we learned that we were expecting a girl, we moved Bubbie to his Big Boy room to make room for Boo. After that, we changed out the ceiling fan and hung up new curtains and new bedding. The yellow paint had transitioned well to Boo's room, but as to be expected, it has had a lot of wear and tear over the last 3 and a half years.

It is so surreal having two kids now in Toddler beds, no more babies(boo........I'm crying on the inside)! I'm not sure about more kids at this time, for now we are happy just the four of us, but I do have the baby fever. I need to find a newborn that I can hold and then give back, I think that would just be the bestest!! For now, I will just enjoy having two very independent toddlers.


Looking into Boo's room from the doorway.


My Mom, Grandma H, made the curtains for Boo's room. They are absolutely adorable and match her bedding perfectly!


When I ordered Boo's bedding, I also ordered the Toddler Bedding, so everything would transition well. Unfortunately, I didn't know that the blanket was for a twin, so it is too big for the bed. For now its hanging on her bed and I'm using her crib blanket, which is just a little small, but seems to work well!


I love the vintage quilted look of her bedding, adorable!!


This Cradle is a family heirloom, orginally bought by my Uncle Charlie and has been passed to every cousin in my family and my Niece and Nephew. It was so nice to have the cradle that I slept in as a baby, for both of my babies to sleep in when they were newborns.


The dresser(a bit hard to see, my camera didn't like the sun coming through the windows)was given to us by my Mother-in-Law. When we brought it home it looked rough and outdated, so I cleaned it up and put new drawer pulls on it when Bubbie was a baby. It turned out so cute!! When Boo gets older, I'll change out the baby blocks for flowers. Its amazing how just the smallest changes can make the biggest difference!



For now we keep Boo's diaper stuff on this shelf, but when she is potty trained, I will put her books up there. Though I still hope to get her a bookshelf, from Target(I hope). I have one all picked out and its on sale this week, but we will still have to wait. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though!! Its so tough when you have to choose which need is more important, but it is also just part of life. No one said it was easy!

1 comment: