Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you know me, then you know I LOVE CHOCOLATE!! Of which doesn't fully describe my love affair with chocolate. Anyway, as I've said before, one of our favorites around here is chocolate chip cookies and with my new found weight loss and wanting to continue the trend, I decided to find a lower calorie recipe. I did some searching and on one of my favorite resources, http://www.realage.com/ct/eat-smart/recipe/ ,found this great recipe! We baked some of these cookies last night and I was impressed by how delicious they were.

I thought I would share the recipe and also share that I doubled the vanilla from 1tsp to 2tsp. We also had made our own vanilla instead of using the vanilla extract. I think that really added to the flavor! Hope others enjoy the recipe as much as we did!!


Ingredients
Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup whole-wheat flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Grind oats in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth and creamy. With the mixer running, add the dry ingredients, beating on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, at least 1 inch apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until firm around the edges and golden on top, about 15 minutes. Cool the cookies for 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Information
Per cookie
Calories: 99
Carbohydrates: 12g
Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
Protein: 1g
Cholesterol: 11mg
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Potassium: 55mg
Sodium: 64mg

No comments:

Post a Comment