Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Year Photo Collages

You may have noticed that I haven't posted since last weekend and that would be because I had spent my week working on these........


For both kids, for their first year, we had photos done each month until they were a year old. Then I didn't know what to do with all those photos. The Hubby and I had talked about doing a collage, but never seemed to get around to it. Last weekend we went to my SIL's house and she was making a collage for her son's daycare and it gave me an idea! I went to Michaels and bought supplies and made a First Year Collage for each kid. It was quite a lot of work and I'm hardly the crafty scrapbooking type, but I have to say that these turned out great!! Now to get them matted and framed, not sure how much that is going to cost, but I saved a lot of money by doing the collages myself. After the hard work, I am thinking about doing these for each kid every year! It makes for a great way to watch them grow. I did enjoy looking at their little newborn baby photos. You tend to forget just how small they were!

Below are some photos I decided to share from this last week.


This is our cat Dummy, whom is almost never seen, only talked about. She hides when people come over, mainly because she doesn't like children. Don't ask about the name, she was my Husband's cat when we started dating over 9 years ago(that tells you how old she is).


Bubbie hanging out and watching his cartoons.




Boo is getting so long and lean, just like Daddy and her Bubbie too!


Showing off some teeth with a big smile!

2 comments: