Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Catching Up Part I: Easter

Keep watching this post because I will still be adding photos to it as they become available.

Easter began like any other, the night before we dyed our eggs!! This was some messy fun for the kids that resulted in Boo knocking over one of the cups containing dye. Did you know that this stuff will dye furniture too?! Well it does and my table was blue for a week! I finally managed to get it out with vinegar and baking soda, but it was a process. Thankfully since the table could be salvaged, it remained a fun experience for the kids and I. This was their first time dying eggs and they did a great job for the first time. I am thankful though that I thought to remove their clothes before we started, could you imagine the damage if we hadn't? Next year we will have to invest in some smocks and some plastic to cover the table.


Bubbie and Boo enjoyed how the dye also colored their hands!!



Looks good enough to drink huh? Well at least Bubbie and Boo thought so, we had to keep telling them that it wasn't for drinking. Considering it was vinegar in those cups, yuck!!




This photo is actually when we started, the kids were a little unsure at first. Once I showed them how to dip the eggs, they were all over it!!

These are a couple of videos from Easter morning. Unfortunately our camera kept running out of memory, so the videos are short. One of our videos was accidentally deleted and we have been unable to recover it, but mostly it is still a great memory!


We also have photos of the kids in their adorable outfits and the egg hunt from Easter day that I hope to be able to add soon! As I mentioned before, we spent Easter at home and my Parents came to visit. The kids always enjoy visits from Grandma and Grandpa! It was especially fun because we went to OJ Watson Park, it was packed on Easter with everyone having BBQs and get togethers. Parking was a mess!! The kids enjoyed playing on the playground though and for the first time ever, Boo went down a huge slide with no help!! She loved it and it was funny watching her dress catch the breeze and blow into her face! Her and Bubbie kept taking turns going down the slide. At one point Boo didn't land well and fell on the ground and Bubbie went over and helped her up. He is such a good big brother!

After the park, we came home and the kids played in the backyard with Grandma and Grandpa while Daddy and I snuck outside to hide the eggs. When the kids found all of the eggs, we came in and made deviled eggs. Bubbie and Boo loved the deviled eggs so much, I think they nearly ate the whole plate. I would say that Easter was a fun day and even more fun that we got to enjoy it at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment