Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Catching Up Part IV: Bathroom Makeover

We recently gave our bathroom a much needed makeover! We put in a new mirror and floors!! We also replaced our shower curtain, curtain rod and put down a new bath rug. It looks like an entirely new room and I find that I actually enjoy spending time in the bathroom now. I especially love how I don't have to worry about kids getting a staple in their foot or tripping on the old tore up flooring. It's always nice when a living space is finally a living space!

Here is the link to the post I did, before photos of the bathroom. In that post are also some photos of the hallways before and after, so you have to look past those.

Looking into the bathroom from the hallway. Showing off the new mirror.

Also looking in from the hallway.

Looking in from the Master Bedroom. There is a pocket door between the bathroom and MB. One of my favorite features of the bathroom.




The new bath rug. Much needed as tile is very slippery when you step out of the shower. We learned the hard way, hehehe.


The new shower curtain. I think this is my favorite shower curtain of all shower curtains of the past.

When it came to the bathroom, it was hard to decide what to do with the blue tile. I knew I didn't want the undertaking of tearing it out and replacing it. Besides I actually like the vintage tile, sounds crazy I know. We tried so many different wall colors, but none looked good with the tile. Then one day I was at a play date and one of the other Moms was talking about the tile in her bathroom, in a house about the same age as ours. One of the other Moms said something about sticking to neutrals and letting the tile be the accent color. Genius!! Why hadn't I thought of that?!

After having the idea strike me, we now have a neutral shade on the walls and the new floor tile had neutral shades with hints of blue. As well as I went with a neutral choice on the shower curtain and bath rug. I have to say, the bathroom almost has a spa look to it now. It's fabulous!! I should mention though that the pictures don't do it justice as they were taken with my cell phone, but it gives a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment