Friday, May 28, 2010

Summertime Fun in the Sun

The time of year for swimming is upon us once again. It's that time of year where you walk out the door, it's so muggy that you can wipe the moisture off. You have to love Kansas, one week its so cool that you are wearing long sleeves and jeans and the next you are so hot, you can't barely stand it! Yesterday was one of those days, that it was almost unbearable. I decided to go to Target and buy a new kiddie pool. Of course I wanted it big enough that I could sit in it too! After all, I have to be out there with them so why not join them?

Yesterday, as soon as I got the pool all aired up, a thunderstorm came our way. So instead we spent this morning filling the pool with water. Though I think we enjoyed spraying each other with the hose rather than filling the pool. The kids really got a kick out of splashing each other!! Once the pool was full, well mostly, we played in the water. It was COLD!! And it felt good! I tried to get the kids to dive for their fish with the little play net, but Bubbie didn't want his fish in the water. I don't think he fully understood the game, in time he will. Wasn't long after we got in, Bubbie tired of the water, though Boo did not want to get out at all. More than anything, I think Bubbie was tired of the cold water. With a little coaxing, I was able to get Boo out of the pool, she is my water baby. I don't think Boo could ever tire of the water! When we came inside, the kids snacked on frozen yogurt. Healthy, don't you know. Sometimes you just have to throw the rules out and just have some fun!! All and all I think the kids had fun this morning and I think later when the sun goes down a little, we will head out for a swim again!

Playing in the pool. Bubbie sporting his new summer hairdo.





I also found that Bubbie's net works great for getting leaves and BUGS out of the pool!! We found a slug in the pool this morning, YUCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment