Friday, May 28, 2010

Catching Up Part VI: Little Home Project

The window in our front door has been weighing on me for quite some time. When we first moved into the house, the owners before us had some fabric hanging over it with two hooks. I thought this looked tacky so of course I took it down. Problem became that when people came to the front door, there wasn't any privacy. I had the choice of answering the door or hiding. Hiding was out if I was sitting on our love seat though, as it is positioned in front of the window.

So the debate became, what are we going to do about this window? Tint it? Stain it? Then finally one day I was watching some show about home projects and there it was! On the show they were decorating a plain mirror in the house using a window frost. Let me tell how incredibly easy this is!! All I had to do was tape off my glass and the stuff comes in a bottle similar to spray paint. I sprayed it on and one hour later, it was done! Finally we have our privacy and I can choose not to answer the door the next time a solicitor comes knocking. By the way, why do they always come at nap time? That is really annoying!

Before picture of the window after I taped it off.


After photo, once it had dried.



Later, I did end up frosting the border too. I did a lighter finish so that I can still see out, but they can't see in! I wanted to leave a border, but I found that you could still see in without much effort. Overall I think this is a great temporary fix until we are ready to replace the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment