Monday, April 20, 2009

Bubbie's Growing Vocabulary

So as some of you may know, we took Bubbie to Heartsprings for a speech evaluation. Well ever since that day, his vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds! I'm going to share a few of the things he has been saying. The first thing that comes to mind is, "What is that?" I hear this question repeated throughout the day. Especially while we are in the car, he points to everything and asks, "what is that?" and then we have to play a guessing game to figure out what he is asking about. I'm glad he is speaking more than one word, but I am growing tired of this question.

The other thing that Bubbie has started saying a lot lately is "I want that" as he is pointing to his Easter candy that I put on top of the fridge, so as to control how much he gets. That is another one that I've started to hear over and over again. He also has started saying candy, fruit snack, puppy, kitty, baby, bubbles, ball, cheese, outside and repeats colors to us when asked. As well, as I mentioned that he started saying Mommy clearly, now he has started saying Daddy very clearly. Bubbie also says his sister's name when he hears her crying in the other room or when he wants to tattle on her.

Bubbie recently started, just this weekend, coming to me and pointing to his boody and telling me "stinky," though that could mean wet or poopy. The main thing is that he is letting me know that he wants to be changed. I debate over potty training, but we will see. Bubbie did surprise me with counting to three the other day. He was playing with his magnets on the refridgerator and counting to three while he did so. I was so excited after that, that we started counting everything! Only to three of course, don't want to push our little genious, LOL!

Anyway, I just had to share his recent progress. I don't know where he has been hiding this, but I'm glad he has found confidence in his ability. I also have pictures to share of him bowling, but I will have to add those later because my computer isn't wanting to upload photos, so I have to wait for my computer tech.(aka Daddy) to fix the problem. Until then, I hope you enjoy reading about Bubbie's progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment