Monday, April 27, 2009

The Winds of Change


How do you like that chocolate ice cream face!

Potty training has been going so well, almost too easy, um..... Anyway, Bubbie has stayed dry for 2 days now with no accidents, except poopy. Still can't convince him to do that, but really I can't complain considering we are only on day 3 of PT. Bubbie has also been napping in his underdunders and managed to stay dry. He also has been staying dry through the night, but he wears a pull-up to bed, just in case. Bubbie really can't wait though to put on his underdunders first thing when he wakes up! I'm so happy that he is so happy with PT! I guess waiting was the best thing to do.


My baby girl is getting so big, right before my very eyes!


The humidity lately has styled her hair into adorable little curls!(If you look closely, you can actually see her teeth in this picture. That is a first people!)


Aren't those the most beautiful blue eyes? Not that I'm biased or anything.

Wow, I can't believe how big my baby is getting. With Boo's first birthday just a few days away, reality is starting to set in. So I thought that I would share Boo's birth story, feel free to read or just admire the pictures!

Boo didn't want to come out, so on May 1st, my OB stripped my membranes. Later that night, around 11pm, I felt a strange "POP" in my belly and then the labor ensued. Turned out that strange "POP" was my water breaking, which we found out as I arrived at the Hospital at around midnight. The labor was quick and I was able to do a successful VBAC(vaginal birth after cesarean). I only had to push for about 15 mins. and Boo was born at 10:18am on May 2nd. She was 7lbs. 10oz. and 19" long.

About five minutes after she was born, the nurse was listening to her heart and noticed that it was beating excessively fast. Ten minutes after she was born, the Doctor that runs the NICU was up in our room with about 20 other people, doing an EKG. The next thing I know is the NICU Doctor(we will call him Dr. B)was spouting a bunch of medical vocabulary that I had no understanding of, but finished with saying that Boo had SVT(supraventricular tachycardia)and that they would need to take her to the NICU immediately. Her heart would beat up to 300bpm, normal is around 175bpm at that age, I believe. I was only able to hold her for five minutes before she was taken from me and followed by Daddy. All I could do at that point was cry and cry I did as I called my Father to tell him what had just happened. It had all happened so fast, that it was all just a blur.

I remember wanting to be with her, but I was hesitant to visit her for fear that I was going to lose her. I had never been so scared for my child, as I was that day. After almost a week in the NICU, Boo was able to come home, but only to return to the NICU after only being home for one day. Boo's medications had to be adjusted to control her SVT, but it wasn't easy. They kept telling us that it would only take a week and then she could come home, but then a week turned into two weeks, then three and the next thing we know, she was there for a month. Every time she would get close to coming home, she would flip into SVT and they would have to start over again. It was frustrating! Finally after 5 weeks in, she was released. A day that we weren't sure was going to happen. We have been so lucky to have had her home since!

Isn't it amazing how much things can change in just ONE YEAR?! Boo goes back to her Pediatric Cardiologist on the third week of June and we are hoping that at that appointment, everything will be perfect. If everything looks well, she will get to come off of her meds, so keep your fingers crossed!

Also on a side note, Congrats Stellan and the Mckfamily on Stellan's release from the hospital! I'm glad to see that he will be able to go home to his family. Life just doesn't get any better than that! I will continue to pray for you and encourage others to do the same! If you want to learn more about Stellan, check out this blog, http://www.mycharmingkids.net/

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to sweet Boo! I LOVE the pic of her with the huge smile!

    ReplyDelete