Saturday, April 25, 2009

Potty Training

Today started out with my doing some spring cleaning. I cleaned out the kid's closets and have three bags of baby stuff to donate to Goodwill. It seems so surreal to have reached this point with the kids. I can officially say that I no longer have an infant. I am now the mother of two toddlers! Isn't that crazy! I know, officially Boo isn't one yet, but she will be in one week. Also, Boo isn't officially walking yet either, but that will happen soon enough. Where has the time gone? Are we sure I've been present the entire time? As I said before, it is so surreal! Its crazy to remember that this time last year, I was so tired of being pregnant with Boo, that I refused to leave the sofa. How quickly time passes.

In the midst of cleaning out the random baby stuff, I realized that I don't REALLY need a diaper bag anymore. This has been a staple for us when leaving the house for that last 2 and half years, that I may feel like I'm missing an appendage. Then I had a realization, I may actually need to buy a PURSE, for the first time in 3 years! Admittedly, I have to say I'm actually excited by this realization.

So anyway, in my thinking about the past, present and future. I've decided that it has also come the time to potty train Bubbie. He is officially 2 and half now. Bubbie for the last couple of weeks has been telling me when he is going potty in his diaper and also letting me know when he was stinky. Yesterday I bought some cheap stickers from Target and some Hot Wheels, for rewards for going pee pee in the potty! So far we have not been successful and he has soiled several pairs of underwear and shorts. WE ARE NOT GIVING UP, we will just keep trying until we are successful. Our goal is to have him somewhat potty trained by Boo's first birthday, next Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment